What Are Transfer Grants?

Posted by & filed under .

In 2007, the Two-Year College Transfer Grant Program (CTG) was passed into law in Virginia. Under this program, qualifying students completing their Associate’s Degree at a Virginia two-year public college and then transferring to a participating Virginia four-year college or university may receive a CTG award of up to $3,000 annually.

Students must complete a transfer associate’s degree with a 3.0 grade-point-average and meet financial eligibility requirements. The grant will be applied to tuition expenses at a four-year Virginia college or university, either public or private. The grant provides $1,000 for all eligible students, with an extra $1,000 for students who pursue undergraduate work in engineering, mathematics, technology, nursing, teaching or science. 

Students transferring to Norfolk State University, Old Dominion University, Radford University, University of Virginia – College at Wise, Virginia Commonwealth University, or Virginia State University are eligible for an additional $1,000 incentive grant.

An application for participation in the Transfer Grant Program as well as a list of STEM eligible program majors can be found at this link: http://www.schev.edu/index/tuition-aid/financialaid/state-student-aid/two-year-college-transfer-grant-program


Comments are closed.