Governor McAuliffe proclaimed October as Elevate Virginia Workforce Month and launched the new brand for workforce development in the state of Virginia. In addition, the Governor also proclaimed October to be TechTober. Numerous events throughout the month of October celebrate growing Virginia businesses, getting our veterans back to work and building a robust technical workforce. Below is a sample of happenings around the state this month:
• Resource Workforce Center October Event Calendar
Resource Workforce Center workshops are open to the public.
• October 22 – Virginia Workforce Center Employer Open House – Fredericksburg
Learn about FREE services for your business and discover what the Virginia Workforce Center can do for you and your business!
• October 23 – Educational and Resource Event for Veterans – Peninsula Workforce Development Center
V3 and partners are hosting a “Transition on the Go” event in Hampton. This is an educational and resource event for veterans, those transitioning off active duty soon, Guard, Reserve, and spouses. An employer panel will also be present.
• October 28 – V3 Employer Training Day – Prince William Chamber of Commerce
This event is for companies interested in learning about the value of veterans as employees, and best practices that can help them recruit, hire, and retain veterans. Companies also learn about the V3 certification process. This is open to employer/company participants.
• October 28 – 8:30 a.m. – Awards Event honoring Richmond areas employers for their outstanding commitment to hiring and supporting people with disabilities in the workplace.
The Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services will hold the awards ceremony at the John Tyler Community College Nicholas Center. Amazon.com and other regional employers will be recognized for outstanding commitment to hiring and supporting people with disabilities in the workplace.
• October 29 – 9:00 a.m. – Awards event honoring employers for their outstanding commitment to hiring and supporting people with disabilities in the workplace.
The South Hampton Roads office of the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services will honor area employers. The event includes remarks by Stephanie Credle, EEO director, Navy Exchange Service Command, Norfolk.
• October 29 – Military Workforce Recruiting Event – 10/29 – Noblis, in Falls Church
V3 and partners (Northern Virginia Technology Council) are hosting a Military Workforce Recruiting event in Northern Virginia. At this event, V3 employers network with veteran, National Guard, and reservist candidates seeking civilian employment.
If you are interested in showcasing your events next week, email them to Amanda Christopher.
Post a Comment